Monday, December 15, 2008

Supermarket Park It

Make-do
Make-believe


Okay, more than likely the riders of those six bikes were visiting the REI store to the right of the supermarket (as I was). Nearly every time I’m there, I see a bike or two parked outside, which is not surprising since the Schuylkill River Trail is nearby, but there isn’t a bike rack anywhere. This small shopping center got a makeover last year, but I guess nobody thought of adding a bike rack. Maybe I’ll ask someone at REI about it after the holidays when they have time to chat. Or maybe I’ll send an email since that worked wonders in my town. In the meantime, maybe Santa will leave that Playmobil bike rack in my stocking. It’s so small!

4 comments:

  1. Minneapolis is relatively bike friendly but there are disconnects here too. Last spring I rode my bike to the Doctors office for my annual physical and guess what? No place to park it. You think they would be encouraging folks to exercise......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like the most obvious candidates never have one. In our town the always crowded water ice stand has only 6 parking spaces. A bike rack would really help people at least think about biking there next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete